Pain, numbness, burning or weakness of any kind, at any age, is a sign that something is wrong. These symptoms are the way your body signals that a limit has been reached or a problem has developed. Since we can adapt, minor aches and pains are often shrugged off. While they may go away, if the underlying problem remains unattended, the problem may slowly worsen until it becomes more difficult and expensive to resolve. Some people silence their symptoms with a pain reliever and ignore the message. But that would be like removing the battery to silence a smoke detector!
Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the median nerve running through your wrist becomes pressed or squeezed.
- Numbness or “pins and needles” feeling in the fingers;
- Pain and/or numbness that is worse at night or interrupts sleep;
- Burning or tingling in your thumb, index and middle fingers or pain that moves up your arm to your elbow;
- Hand weakness;
- Difficulty gripping objects with the hands or dropping objects;
- Difficulty manipulating small objects;
- Difficulty making a fist;
- Swollen feeling in the fingers.
Our treatment system
The American Spinal Clinic Treatment System has 3 major treatments components working synergistically together to achieve phenomenal results without drugs or surgery.learn more
Graston Technique® for injury treatment and rehabilitation
An Advanced Method to Decrease Pain and Improve Function. This remarkable procedure allows us to detect and treat areas of “scar tissue” or adhesions in muscles...learn more
Xrays of a patient with carpal tunnel syndrome The patient came into the clinic with wrist pain, numbness and weakness in the hand and fingers. After the treatment course, the patient has significant improvement symptomatically, structurally and functionally.